The goal of IDENTITY is to gather and share the stories and perspectives of some of the worlds greatest sporting icons, alongside dozens of lesser known athletes, as a catalyst for larger change. We hope to start a conversation that will not end, but rather simply begin, with the release of the film.
Change the conversation around brain health in athletes and we start to change the conversation around brain health in the world. Real change starts with developing programs worldwide where discussions about identity and brain health can start at a young age.
By forming a non-profit IDENTITY will impact meaningful change and provide continuous support to programs and schools working to change the stigma around brain health and to end the epidemic in athletes. The non-profit will help to keep the conversation going long after the documentary is released.
By building a community where athletes can share their stories and connect with one another the website will become a safe place to share, learn, listen and find the right resources for healing.
Create an on-going home for athletes, coaches and experts and foundations to share information and stories to continue the conversation, as the culture shifts and progress is made.
By working with large governing bodies like the NCAA, USOC, UK Sport, AIS, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS we will push for changes like:
- mandatory brain health screenings and regular support
- mandatory regulations on sports psychologists, both in number and credentials, at all Universities and within all major sporting organizations
- mandatory pre-graduation seminars for all NCAA athletes
- transitional support for athletes moving beyond sport including seminars and advisors
- develop a new dialogue for coaches and parents of young athletes